This recent project was for Fletcher Building in promoting their corporate Vision & Values initiative. What started as a multi-page form soon grew into a website with over 20 content pages, several forms, video uploads, galleries and documents. The website is mobile ready, built on Bootstrap with WordPress driving the content, using Gravity Forms for submitting content and a custom uploader to handle large video uploads of up to 250mb.
A WordPress-based micro-site for Essilor promoting their Crizal Prevencia product, with a content management system and an interactive ‘risk’ quiz. The website was built on the Bootstrap front-end framework to make it responsive for mobile web and leveraged Grunt to compile and minify assets for faster loading.
About two years ago we developed a local website of pet-friendly accommodation called Fido Friendly. It was originally build as a prototype during a hackathon and the concept has proved to work well.
The website continues to grow with website traffic increasing monthly despite no active promoting. All traffic to date has been organic. With close to 1,000 visitors per day we decided to give it a facelift and dedicate some time to refining the concept.
We’ve relaunched the website, now branded Pet-Friendly.Info – take a look. Responsive mobile-friendly, using the Bootstrap front-end framework and custom PHP coding and MySQL driving the backend. The website is easy to administer (it basically runs itself) and looks good.
The first seeds have been planted for work with the Expedia Developer Network. This network allows access to the Expedia set of products with APIs to build white label solutions.
The primary focus at this point is to familiarise ourselves with the APIs and what’s available, then to determine the coverage of their products after which we’ll be evaluating the possibilities which they hold.
What started out as the porting of some scripts from Informix to MS SQL Server, has mushroomed into essentially a complete system and network of scripts, reports and min-apps, all built and running within Prima’s intranet.
The design of these processes evolutionary, and the development of them agile. Â Everything from returns of products through to stock take functions, reports and now SOAP integration with a customer.
This is very much in the ‘application’ space of things, no doubt about it.
After the success of Romantic Weekends, we launched the next franchise installment, Seaside Getaways. Modeled upon the hackathon method of working, coupled with the entrepreneurial motive of doing things cheap & fast (i.e. fail fast, fail cheap) before committing too many resources, we launched the entire site in a matter of hours.
The core was leveraged from the Romantic Weekends website while the underlying data and back-end processes leveraging our sister website, Travelwick.
We’re excited to see if we can get any traction, at which point we’ll commit some more resources and get it going, proper.
When we took over maintenance and enhancements for the SADecor website, some TLC was in order. Â But in the past few months we’ve come a long way.
We’ve updated the database of advertisers, familiarised ourselves with the custom build, and recently we overhauled the analytics and tracking capabilities of the system.
The advertising statistics are now more accurate than they’ve ever been, the code has been abstracted away into classes for reuse, and the general code base is getting cleaned up & refined continually.
It’s in a much better space now. We’re feeling good about this one.
Â The ongoing business that is Budget Getaways has had some recent enhancements to to the enquiry system heading towards quoting (and ultimately paying) for accommodation online.
The ‘getaway zone’ had a facelift, plus the guest/getaway tools have been enhanced to allow for a getaway to provide a quote in response to an enquiry. Next step will be confirming the booking through an online payment.
Lots more to come.
We took over the ongoing management and enhancements for the On Tap website, a plumbing and bathroom supplies company. What’s interesting is that this is one of the few websites which we’ve taken over which has been built really well using a specific framework, in this case, Zend.
More often than not we find that a website has been hacked together with no clear structure in place. This is not a problem, but can make things tricky to work with. Â However, in this case, the website has been built in such a way that it’s complete overkill. In essence, the complete opposite, but in the same way making it a little more complex to maintain for what should be a relatively straight straightforward website.
The Romantic Weekends website was ‘relaunched’ a few months ago with a few key changes. Â Firstly, the design was tweaked to be something more customised and less template-like.
While the current design is not the final (and a fresh look is already in the pipelines), the new design had an almost immediate benefit by improving conversion rates by 25%. Within two months we had already paid recouped the cost of the design work. Amazing!
The next big area of improvement was under the hood with a series of analytical data being captured and various metrics being measured. This information has been invaluable in understanding what people are looking for and how they are using the site.
The growth of the site has been fantastic over the past 12 months so we’re really looking forward to what the next 12 will bring.